This past Friday we revealed (CLICK HERE) that Men Magazine was about to crown its new Man of the Year. The reigning king is Johnny Castle (CLICK HERE for last year’s story and his eye-catching Men cover) and before that it was Zeb Atlas. I caught up with some Unzipped Media staffers Saturday night at Chi Chi LaRue‘s birthday party and although the new issue of Men doesn’t go on sale for another week or two, I was given the go-ahead to reveal the winner: Reese Rideout, of RandyBlue.com fame. I keep trying to convince them to give Mr. Rideout’s shapely muscle-butt its own award, but no dice. Yet. [Image © Unzipped blog.]

Comments

14 Comments so far

1. Bored of Anti-Gay Gay Magazines on November 17, 2008 9:37 am

How predictable! At least this year the straight man has done more than jerk off.

Men Magazine BORES me!!!

2. paidtowin on November 17, 2008 10:07 am

Im not sure how these guys keep winning when their dick sizes are smaller than the cork in a bottle of wine. Shouldn’t this competition have overall looks with some form of education or community service? This Magazine lacks the drive to want to make their models be more than juts models, especially those with lots of shortcommings.

3. Treasure Island Fan on November 17, 2008 10:35 am

Smoking body, great smile, that’s what matters. I’m going to have to join Randy Blue at some point.

4. Anonymous on November 17, 2008 11:03 am

Love Reese, hate that Men cover.

5. Anonymous on November 17, 2008 11:03 am

No more straight guys, I want GAY Men!!

6. Davey on November 17, 2008 11:32 am

I voted for Reese and I stand by it. He is my dream man and when I met him in NYC this summer at pride he could not have been more gracious and kind. You can tell that he is a an exceptional representation of Randy Blue and that all the models there looked up to him and genuinely seemed to like him. What more could you want? also he was voted on by the subscribers of MEN not the magazine. So if you are pissed be mad at all the gay men who voted not the magazine itself…..seriously people, God…bitch much?

7. Ass Freak on November 17, 2008 1:01 pm

Ridiculous, as most of the times with these competitions…and please restrict everyhting to our gay brothers and sisters, the straights have loads of opportunities elsewhere.

8. Anonymous on November 17, 2008 3:35 pm

Paidtowin and Ass Freak…learn to use spell check…bitches!

9. New York! on November 17, 2008 6:59 pm

Sorry, that body is too fine to waste on a breeder. I choose to believe he can be convinced to ditch the bitch and switch. At least Reese is shaking his hotness for us all to enjoy and preserve forever. I don’t care if he’s straight, but I do care if he is a fucking Mormon!!

10. michael on November 17, 2008 9:26 pm

Why do people keep insisting this man is straight, when he rides and sucks more cock than most gay men?? He may be married to a woman, but this dude is clearly bi, and obviously has no problems showing his love for the dick on screen, for our viewing pleasure. It’s amazing to me how gay men still can’t come to grips with the reality of bisexuality.

11. Anonymous on November 18, 2008 7:54 am

Michael,
    I couldn’t agree with you more, and express the same feelings better!
    Ando NO! Reese is not a Mormon.

12. Will on November 18, 2008 10:05 am

“It’s amazing to me how gay men still can’t come to grips with the reality of bisexuality.”

I would rephrase that: It’s amazing to ME how “straight” “gay-for-pay” men can’t come to grips with the reality of their own bisexuality.

13. Domminik on November 18, 2008 12:39 pm

The fact that “Men” magazine readers voted AGAIN for a straight guy is not surprising. We, as a community, seem to hate ourselves and, until recently, allow bigots to toss us around like rag dolls. So, to have a straight man on the cover is yet another example of a community that can’t moxie up enough pride to nominate one of our own.

14. Chris on November 18, 2008 5:10 pm

This guy’s about as straight as a crooked arrow.

God Reese, self-loathing much?

Straight guys don’t have sex with other guys. Even for money.

Name (required)